Lisa at Thrive Style gave me a Stylish Blogger Award! Thanks, Lisa 🙂
Here’s how it works…
There are 4 duties to perform to accept this award:
1. Make a post + Link back to the person who awarded you this award.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Award 15 recently discovered great bloggers
4. Contact these bloggers and tell them they’ve won!
Seven Things About Me (I know I did a similar post, but I’m sure I can think of seven other things 🙂 )
- Yesterday was the first time in my life that I’ve put together a piece of furniture (okay, my mom helped a little!) and I consider this a huge accomplishment because I’ve never thought I could follow the directions! Yes, I have issues.
- I want to switch my major to history so I could study a really random piece of history and become the preeminent scholar on that subject so whenever the subject came up anyone in the history world would turn to me for my extensive knowledge of the subject. I would totally be that random historian that knows everything about something everyone learns but forgets 🙂
- It’s my dream to sing ‘I Got You, Babe’ in karaoke with my sister, but every time I beg her to, she refuses! I can’t imagine why…
- I am a total homebody and prefer staying in over going out any time. My idea of ‘going out and getting wild’ is going to a movie that starts after 7 pm. I’m an early bird!
- I’m really hoping that I have daughters instead of sons when I have kids mainly so I can dress them up. Just kidding, but… seriously.
- I can’t believe I’ve run a marathon but sometimes I’m too lazy to get up and find the remote for the TV.
- I consider myself shy, but not quiet. The two are not mutually exclusive 🙂
Thanks again, Lisa!
The 15 bloggers I tag are:
I’ve been dying to cook recently. I feel like whenever the mood strikes, I’m either at work, not at home, or sick (only recently- boo!) Since I knew I wasn’t going to have time to cook tonight, I decided to make myself a special lunch. I pretty much never spend more than 10 minutes preparing lunch, so it felt weird to turn on my oven in the middle of the day, but I’d say it was worth it. 🙂
I’ve been wanting to make eggplant parmesan recently (I’ve actually never made it before!) so at the store last night, I picked up an eggplant and some ricotta cheese. However, even before I started looking for recipes, I saw a picture on the website of a vegan restaurant I used to go to all the time. One of their new specials is eggplant rollatini, which I’ve never even heard of! But it looked cute (yes, I think food can look cute 🙂 ) so I decided to wing it.
- 1/2 large eggplant, sliced into long slices
- 1/4 cup mushrooms
- 1/4 cup eggplant, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and lay eggplant strips across and heat over low heat.
- While the eggplant is cooking, toss the mushrooms, chopped eggplant, and basil in a bowl.
- Add ricotta and mix.
- When the eggplant is browned, remove from heat and lay on a plate or cutting board.
- Take a loaf pan and spread half the tomato sauce on the bottom.
- Divide the ricotta mixture between the three slices of eggplant and spread it evenly on each slice.
- Starting from one end, begin rolling the eggplant into a roll (do you like my scientific terms?)
- Put each eggplant roll-up seam side down in the loaf pan.
- Spread the rest of the tomato sauce on top of the eggplant.
- Top with cheese and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
For not even having heard of this dish before I started making it, I thought it turned out really well!
What was the last dish you improvised in the kitchen that turned out well?