40 something years ago today, my mom was born!
I could go on for days about how awesome my mom is. She is sassy, hilarious, selfless, and raised three
horrid children. I aspire to be like her in every way!
Fun facts about my mom:
- She was born in London and grew up in Virginia, Canada, the Philippines, and moved to California when she was 12.
- She and my dad met in high school and have been married for over 27 years.
- My sister and I are convinced she has a secret degree in some scientific field because she knows the most random things about weather patterns, dinosaurs, and other facts no one else knows. Try watching Jeopardy with her… it’s impressive! (She hates when we point this out )
- She is an amazing hostess and everyone loves coming over for the holidays because her skills rival Martha Stewart’s.
- She is one of six kids and as the youngest girl, this makes her Cindy Brady if you compare her siblings to the Brady Bunch.
- She had a feeling she was pregnant with twins before she found out she really was. Doesn’t she make a cute pregnant woman? I hope I look like that when I’m pregnant!
Happy birthday, Mom! I love you!!!
I went to the store early this morning with my sister to get my mom flowers and picked up a box of pre-made chocolate oatmeal for only a dollar. However, when I got home, I saw Cynthia had made Katie’s breakfast pizzert. All of a sudden, oatmeal didn’t sound as appealing
This is my second time making a pizzert and I love it! I used kept it simple and added blueberries in the batter and topped it with ricotta cheese. Oh, and I ate the whole thing Two servings? Maybe for normal people!
Maybe I’m getting accustomed to eating a lot of protein for breakfast, because about an hour later, I had an apple and peanut butter to tide me over til lunch. Next time I make a pizzert, I’m going to add nut butter on top to make it more satiating
Lunch was my favorite quesadilla combination- feta, dried cranberries, and spinach on a whole wheat tortilla.
I never want to bust out the grill, but I’m so glad I did. I swear it makes a huge difference!
Pumpkin yogurt was consumed as usual, but instead of Fiber One, I added some Kashi Go Lean (on sale!) I never thought I would say it, but I think I’m getting sick of Fiber One! Does that ever happen to you? I think it’s because I ate it the same day I got sick😦
I just baked my mom’s birthday dessert and I’m off to go write up a card for her! I’m a horrible daughter and I just ordered her gift online today. In my defense, I made it and it took forever!
Is there a woman in your life you look up to?