I almost got the date right today on a paper! I wrote January 1st instead of February 1st. It’s better than a date that doesn’t exist four Septembers ago, right?
I think I was tired from getting up at 5 for the second morning in a row. I was at the gym by 5:30, and did a 20 minute speedwork session followed by the Stairmaster and elliptical to make it an even hour. I get so sweaty when I run, a hair wash was essential. I had to go to school with wet, bushy hair- not cute- but it’s less offensive than sweat 🙂
I made overnight oats again this morning, and added some dried cherries on top. So full of goodness! I ate this in my car as usual, and the girl sitting in the car next to me was probably horrified when she saw me try to lick the Tupperware. Yeah… it’s that good.
Lunch was another form of oats. I was craving an applesauce breakfast cookie, but was in the mood for something savory (surprisingly!) Thus, a savory lunch cookie was born.
I’m not going to post the exact recipe, because even though it was tasty, the texture was a little funky. It didn’t bother me, but it needs a little tweaking. I’m not picky about things like that, but it’s not something I would try to serve to anyone else 🙂
Anyway, I used cottage cheese instead of applesauce, added dried onion and red pepper, and topped it with black beans. Sounds weird, but it was good!
Pumpkin yogurt with a Vitatop. I used Greek yogurt, but I needed a little sweetness, so I added maple syrup.
Apple with peanut flour butter-
Cherries and strawberries-
And two clementines.
Fruit is so filling! Probably explains why I didn’t eat until 9, and all I had was a bowl of cereal. Just one of those nights…
Anyway, since it’s the first day of a new month, I thought I would share my February goals! In addition to my New Year’s goals, I’ve made some month long ones.
- Cook for my family one night a week. They let me live here for free, so it’s the least I can do for them, right?
- Drink 64 oz of water a day. I am getting really, really bad at this, and I blame it on the fact that I have the world’s smallest bladder. Just ask anyone I’ve traveled with. When I’m at school or work, I don’t want to drink too much, and even when I’m at home, I just don’t. Must hydrate better!
- Take care of moving-related things. I have a lot to do before I move- mostly getting transfer and finance related things squared away. Ugh, that means I have to be responsible!
- Spend money more wisely. I’m really cheap, but I haven’t been as judicious with my money as I used to be. I’m certainly not a spend thrift, but paying attention to little purchases can really save me some money. Plus- I have something in mind I want to save for 🙂 Other than moving out, of course.
- Do ab work three times a week. I don’t do ab work- ever. I know it’s important, but I neglect it!
There you have it! Nothing mind blowing, just some things I’d like to pay more attention to this month- and hopefully permanently!
What are your February goals?