Same old breakfast…
(Applesauce breakfast cookie with honey nut cream cheese)
Same old lunch:
Tabbouleh, yogurt with a Vitatop, tons of fruit, apple with peanut flour butter (I forgot my camera at home!)
Same old dinner:
Squash, beans, ricotta, taco seasoning… same as yesterday 🙂
I did it- I faced my fears and went! I was super intimidated, but I ended up enjoying the class. Pros and cons:
- I actually did strength training for more than 10 minutes at a time
- I liked both of the instructors
- I had plenty of time to get set up before the class started
- The instructors explained everything as we went along
- I feel like I got a great workout
- I didn’t die!
- Not enough core work
- My knees hurt when I do squats or lunges
- No hot instructor 😉
All in all, I really enjoyed the class! It was really hard, but I used pretty light weights so I didn’t get TOO burnt out. I knew that starting small would help me in the end- by the time we were almost done, those ‘light’ weights were killing me!
I still prefer cycling, but I think I’ll always like cardio over strength training. This was a great way to get in some weights, though. I was pushed way harder than I could ever push myself! I really want to do this once a week. The class is at 5:30 pm, and I don’t like working out in the evenings, but it’s just not possible to take a morning class because of school. Who knows? This may become a new habit!
Have you ever taken Body Pump before?