I gave oat bran another try for breakfast this morning!
Heather suggested that I soak the oat bran overnight to add some volume, so I finally remembered to prepare it last night 🙂 Look how big it is! (That’s what she said) So much more filling. I topped it with half a banana and a special kind of nut butter- Kat‘s cranberry almond butter! More on that later 🙂
Lunch was leftover soup-
And pumpkin yogurt-
My long run never happened today. I was planning on running home from school, but it started raining in between classes, so I was mentally preparing myself to go home and have lunch instead. It wasn’t raining when I got out, but I was so hungry I went home instead 🙂
I ended up doing my faster, shorter run today. I had planned on five miles, but only had time to do four. I finished in 35:56 (8:59) pace. It was so hard! For me, that’s a pretty fast pace, and I was definitely feeling it. I definitely need to do more of those runs if I want to maintain that pace for 9 more miles!
I had an apple with PB after my run, and spaghetti squash for dinner.
So much going on in this bowl- a whole spaghetti squash on the bottom, topped with broccoli, tofu, tomato sauce, spinach, and feta. I’m aware that this looks like a serving dish, but I ate the whole thing 🙂
I also ate a pint of ice cream after dinner. I saw Rabbit Hole with some friends and couldn’t resist going to Sprouts for a pint of Arctic Zero!
I’ve already written random facts about me before, but since I
am incredibly vain like doing stuff like this, I thought I would come up with seven more 🙂
1. I didn’t get my driver’s license until I was 18, and I failed my test the first time because I hit a pole at the end of my test (automatic fail!) A week after I got my license, I backed into a car, and a few months later I sideswiped my friend’s car and backed into a pole and knocked my side mirror off in the same night. I haven’t hit anything since- knock on wood! I swear I am really not a bad driver…
2. I don’t consider myself overly paranoid about germs but I cannot stand public bathrooms. Going into one actually makes me feel physically uncomfortable, and I have to rip off toilet paper in a specific way to make sure that no one else has touched it.
3. I’ve been told that Cameron from Ferris Bueller’s Day Off and I have similar personalities… I think it’s the hypochondria.
4. I have to write notes really neatly in class, and I will spend way more time than necessary recopying them if they don’t turn out well the first time.
5. I can’t read a map or give directions to save my life- I have lived in the same city my whole life and couldn’t tell you how to get anywhere!
6. If I could talk to my teenage self, I would tell myself that sneaking off to Denny’s in the middle of the night with your co-workers will only lead to getting grounded and gaining weight and NOT WORTH IT!
7. Very few things make me happier than getting / sending mail. I love to make cards for the holidays and send them to my grandparents and friends that live out of the state, and I love getting packages…
…especially from fellow bloggers!
I won Kat‘s giveaway last week, and I was so pleased to see a package on my doorstep yesterday!
Look at these goods! Three boxes of this tea, which I am so excited to try-
Some delicious looking snack bars (unpictured, as they are hiding from my brother, the human trash compactor)
And behold… the most delicious nut butter I have ever tried.
I have tried a lot of nut butters in my day, so I am taking this very seriously- best nut butter in the history of nut butters. Cranberry almond butter- what is not to love? It tastes like a snickerdoodle cookie all blended up and covered in cranberries. Thank you Kat!!!
Excuse me while I go back for another
spoonful fingerful. This stuff is like crack!
What’s the last good thing you got in the mail?