Hi, my name is Kate and I have a confession.
Promise not to judge me?
Here it goes…
I find doing jumping jacks horribly exhausting.
Yes, I can run a marathon, but doing jumping jacks for 30 seconds makes me sweat. I learned that from a new friend today- Jillian Michaels!
I got the 30 Day Shred in the mail today and was so excited to try it. And by excited, I mean horrified. Look at that smug smile! She knows she’s going to kick my ass, and she’s going to enjoy doing it.
I went to the gym for an hour on the elliptical this morning, and I thought the DVD would be a nice accompaniment to this morning’s cardio. I did Level One, and all I can say is… goddamn!
In general, I actually really liked the workout. It’s broken down into three circuits, and each one has three minutes of strength training, two minutes of cardio, and one minute of abs. Each circuit has different moves, so you’ll never get bored.
My initial thoughts:
- It’s only 20 minutes- definitely manageable!
- Each set is long enough to hurt, but not long enough to make you want to die
- There’s a beginner and advanced option for almost every move
- I can do it at home, so I can whine and moan out loud all I want
- My knee hurts when I do lunges, so I had to modify some of the moves a little
- Jumping jacks tire the hell out of me!
- Jillian is terrifying
See? Even the cons aren’t that bad! I definitely want to stick with this. I am going to aim to do this five days a week, so I know the results won’t be as stellar, but I took my measurements and am curious to see how or if they change.
I normally hate workout DVDs, but I think this one can be really effective. I got my ass handed to me!
Have you ever tried the 30 Day Shred? Do you use workout DVDs?